IGNORERAD

Översättningar av thai-eng

Guest Forden34

Guest Forden34

Yaak pai boom boom tee roong raem:(to make out in the hotel)

Translation: I want to relax and watch cable tv in your nice cosy hotel room whilst feigning a headache so I don’t have to work for my money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kun phak tee nai?(Where are you staying?)

Tranlation: Where will I be staying tonight? Is it a big plush hotel with MTV and room service? Or are you a cheap charlie staying in a 100 baht a night hovel?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kun maak jaak pratheyt arai?:(what country do you hail from?)

Translation: What country should I tell my friends and family that I moving to. What language should I start to learn? If it’s German, then while you’re away I can practice my language skills by doing favours for elderly German tourists in Pattaya.

Tham ngaan arai?(What’s your job)

Translation:My family are in need of financial assistance. The buffalo is ill, my grandma needs an expensive operation, my father has just died(twice this year) and the roof has just blown off our house. So you’d better be earning a decent salary farang! And remember! there will be other disasters looming in the future, so your pockets had better be deep!

Kun chalaad maak(you are very clever) This will be said to you if you start uttering a few words in the native tongue, usually done by farangs in bars in order to gain face amongst bar girls, or to show them that they know the lingo. In other words girls, Mr farang knows what you are talking about so you’d better be careful what you say in front of him.

Translation: You are very stupid, especially if you think you can understand what we are jabbering on about. Yeah, you might catch the odd word or so when we want you too. Namely when we are speaking the central dialect of Thai. However Mr smarty pants farang. We happen to come from Iisaan and speak our own dialect amongst ourselves, which is closer to Lao. So good luck understanding it!

Hey poochai lor:(hey handsome man) Most older and middle aged farangs will find themselves being addressed in this manner.

Translation: This form of address is usually used as a ruse to get punters into an empty bar and get them drinking. Teams of girls will hang around outside a bar trying to lure unsuspecting the punters through the doors. Once inside they’ll be hit on almost immediately to buy lady drinks. When they are thoroughly well oiled the young lady will normally suggest that they pay a bar fine and hot foot it to the nearest hotel. The unsuspecting punter will follow suit with this plan, normally thinking that it was his idea. The big surprise comes when the farang gets his girl back to the hotel room only to find out that he’s picked up a real minger. The lighting is so low in those bars FOR A REASON!

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...