IGNORERAD

Dagens bild

Kim

Har tyvärr inte det. Men kolla Chiang Rai Country homes på google maps. Forskade lite om det ikväll och tydligen är det tre rika gossar från Chiang Mai som byggt det. Det pratas tydligen om att det ska renoveras och att det går att hyra dessa hus för en billig penning. En del falanger som hyr redan nu. Var kul och åka runt där och kika in i husen , i en del stod det möbler kvar i husen eller utanför.

DSC00492.JPG

DSC00491.JPG

Hittad detta när jag googlade

Posted 2010-07-01 19:40:22

Here because someone asked is a copy of an email I just received from a source who lives there. Only the names of the innocent have been change to protect their identity. The main body is passed on unedited. Enjoy. :) 

We don't know much about the history of Country Home estate, but we have heard (from various sources, and, therefore, none of the information is - in any way -substantiated) the following:

Developed approx. 16 years ago
It was to be a resort where you could rent a house or room,or hold an owner-occupied house, and have your meals and entertainment at the resort main building/swimming pool. The gym/ sports equipment is still there, though the pool is a home only to frogs, and the water's a lovely green colour.

The infrastructure was laid down, the central complex was built and the houses were started. Park/garden areas were laid out, a central pond with waterlilies (all still in place, but not as 'tidy' as first envisaged I imagine). About half the plots were developed when a 'disagreement' arose between the (4?) developers who may/may not have been from Krungthep. This disagreement about how the resort was to develop resulted in the death/murder?! of one of them. Apparently this left the estate 'jinxed'. But, as it was also at the same time as the property downturn in the 1990's, this might well have contributed more to it's subsequent decline/non-completion.
Some houses have been lived in by the original purchasers since they were built, whilst others have been taken out of mothballs and sold on to new purchasers. About a third of the houses, although all are structurally complete -with lovely wooden flooring etc - have never been lived in. Like many 'built' properties, they suffer from what my Thai sister-in-law says is a reluctance to 'buy second-hand' houses. They are also definitely not Thai in design, which would put a lot of people off.

The banks/original developers have rented out a number of their properties, some on short leases, others to people who have lived here for years. They have sold off others -but getting info. about what is available to buy is extremely difficult , as local estate realtors will tell you. The original developers seem quite content to just let their holdings moulder away.

When it was first opened, it was apparently very popular with the locals (the local primary school used swimming pool every Friday) and ex-pats who visited the resort building/pool a lot. A friend remembers going swimming and having meals here regularly for the first couple of years. None of the original rentable houses were equipped with kitchens - it was assumed you would eat at the resort building or elsewhere.

Current situation: two plots have been developed with 'new' style houses on them, some of the vacant plots are used by local farmers to grow crops - sunflowers this year on the field beside us. Some of the original owner occupiers live here all year, others (from the south) come up for winter/Songkran etc leaving staff to look after the houses at other times. Permanent residents include 2 houses occupied by 'big-wigs' from the police, a local gynecologist, 4 Dutch/Thai families, quite a few Thai business people/families, a couple of British families etc. At a guess, about a half are 'long-term' lessees, half owner-occupiers. Some of the houses have been substantially re-modeled and look very little like their original designs. The resort building /pool has been out of use for some years. The general garden areas/roads are kept tidy by gardeners employed by the original developers/rented income. Ditto estate 'security'.

The estate looks very odd as you can have a house that someone has spent many millions on,sitting in it's immaculate gardens between two structurally intact but otherwise derelict and completely overgrown houses, or like ours which has a big empty field beside it where house plots were going to be.

All in all, it makes for a, surprisingly, very pleasant place to live. We are not phased by it's 'gentle decline'. Quiet, with nice neighbors, good mix of Thai/ non Thais, and for us - really good geographical position. Close to the town but we only need to go out the back estate gates to get to lots of good cycling/ dog walking countryside.

As I said originally, how much of the little history we know is 'fact' is debatable. It would be good to find out the real history - might have to wait till my Thai is an awful lot better though.

"Om du inte är en elefant, försök inte bajsa som en..."

Dela på andra sajter

Undrar vad generalen (resten av (Armen) till Thailand skulle säga om att flytta Costa Rica, o söka jobb..

image.thumb.jpg.1771aa592740170097cc05d3

FF

www.easi.nu

Dela på andra sajter

En välansad kille sittande utanfor 7/11, inte ett hårstrå ligger fel.

012.thumb.JPG.5996812e8223474af773044fb9

BTT-IDOL OCH BITTERFITTA.

Dela på andra sajter

Mäktiga solnedgångar här i Chiang Rai.

DSC00501.JPG

kanonbild, den blev ju liiite bättre än mitt första försök till panoramabild.........:bag:

P1000757.thumb.JPG.d75be8f001c603b8319b7

Dela på andra sajter

kanonbild, den blev ju liiite bättre än mitt första försök till panoramabild.........:bag:

P1000757.thumb.JPG.d75be8f001c603b8319b7

Tack. Tycker din bild var fin också.

Dela på andra sajter

Batman på en buss i Bangkok härom dagen.

batman_1.jpg

Bangkok, like Las Vegas, sounds like a place where you make bad decisions.

Dela på andra sajter

Batman på en buss i Bangkok härom dagen.

batman_1.jpg

Skumt - Batmobilen måste vara på verkstad.

Tydligen ett Star Warsfreak som är hästägare här vid lokala stallet.

DSC_0005.thumb.jpg.5fe799169b5344263cd47

Dela på andra sajter

Besökte Gyllene triangeln , The hall of opium och  marknaden i Mae Sai. Tyvärr fick man inte ta bilder i opium museet. Museet tycker jag var ok. Men det andra var mest ett måste att åka till när man var i trakten. Kul att ha en bild med tre länder i.

DSC00530.JPG

DSC00529.JPG

DSC00536.JPG

DSC00558.JPG

Dela på andra sajter

God Jul från Korat

Önskar Henke, Bajen(MPR) och Broskan

20151223_114558_20151224_082043.thumb.jp

20151223_151536_20151224_082043.thumb.jp

//Broskan

henke är kopia av sin far iallafall 

Glöm dina problem,,,

Imorgon kommer nya,, ;-)

Dela på andra sajter

henke är kopia av sin far iallafall 

Ok det är mer än jag vet, jag har bara träffat Henke i asien.

//Broskan

"Om jag fått frågan om var de lyckli­gaste människorna finns skulle jag ha svarat: I Filippinerna, där ­varje ­människa har en ståuppkomikers ­talang."

Staffan Heimerson - http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/kolumnister/staffanheimerson/article14502442.ab

Dela på andra sajter

En groda på fyra hjul.

aadee47f3e41ea0fb2d995dfed706b1e.jpg

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

Det är helt ok att ha en annan åsikt än mig, jag kan inte tvinga DIG att ha rätt!

Dela på andra sajter

Antar att det är kabeln till lampan ovanför gitarren ni pratar om. En enkel åtgärd för att få den lite diskretare är ju att vända på uttaget 180 grader. Då kommer ju kabelanslutningen till kontakten mot lampan. Det fixar du själv på några minuter om du kan hantera en skruvmejsel.

Är ju sjukt arbetsskygg och samtidigt höjdrädd så jag tror jag hänger en kastar upp en en gammal chipspåse så döljer eländet istället.

Dela på andra sajter

Tjejen har köpt lite godis åt mig för jag varit så snäll. Skall tydligen vara nåt tuggummi. ;)

014.thumb.JPG.50782251cc798fcba12bc41ed9

Nu skall mössen väck the Stefan5300 way. Dom hade gett sig på riset inatt men inte gnagt sig helt igenom än. .Agnades med en Thai/Svensk blandning: lite ost och lite ris i mitten.

Ändrades av kitungmakmak

ทีรัก

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Fredman

En groda på fyra hjul.

aadee47f3e41ea0fb2d995dfed706b1e.jpg

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

Ser ut som en Nissan Duke som är så ful att den kallas Nissan Puke!

Dela på andra sajter

Ser ut som en Nissan Duke som är så ful att den kallas Nissan Puke!

Nissan Juke menar du ?

Being nice is overrated - Garfield

Dela på andra sajter

Registrera dig eller logga in för att kommentera
och se bilderna på riktigt.

Du måste vara medlem för att kommentera på forumet

Registrera dig

Registrera ett medlemskap. Lätt gjort...!

Registrera dig på forumet

Logga in

Har du redan ett medlemskap? Logga in här.

Logga in nu
Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...