IGNORERAD

Nya regler för barer i Thailand

Guest Siam-Nilsson

Guest Siam-Nilsson

Hej - jag läste följande om nya regeler för barer på Thai Visa.

Kan någon bekräfta om det stämmer?

New Laws - coming to a bar near you!

The previous weekend we had a number of Bangkok Police, accompanied by Patong/Kathu police visit Bars & Restaurants in Lala, detailing the new law regarding bars in Thailand, yes they said this law was coming into effect for all bars and restaurants in the whole country. Not sure at present if these laws are to apply to Hotels and Nightclubs, but cannot see why they would be excluded. Thought it was a scam or joke at first, but then they produced government posters etc confirming the points they made.

They only managed to visit 6 places in the first day and have not come back since, but was told this was because they had been called back to Bangers due to the unrest last week. So 6 places brought in the new law 60 bars in the village were not told yet so have carried on regardless, time will see if they return and inform all other establishments and also of course in Patong and elsewhere. I spoke to a contact last week about this and he confirmed they had already done this in Ranong, so its looking countrywide and not a joke?

Okay so to the new rules:-

Rule One – No alcohol to be served before 5pm on any day.

Can’t understand the reasoning behind this, as I do not know of anywhere that is suffering from say, daytime drunks activities? But I do know that this will hit a lot of bars and restaurants trade if no alcohol sales, no wine with your lunch, surely it has to apply to Hotels as well, wow what kick in the teeth on the back of a low low season, how can this not harm tourism?.

Rule Two – No internal or external alcoholic adverts, ie no product advertisement on bottle condoms, beer mats, clocks, mirrors, glasses, signage, posters etc.

I can see an argument for external advertising, maybe subliminally luring you in for a drink, but once inside why would I be influenced to buy a drink just because I saw a Tiger beer mat?, surely once I’m in my purpose has already been set? Bet Chang will be happy after just spending a squillion baht on all those external bar illuminated signs!!

Rule Three – all bars can stay open until 2am

The only new rule that offered something back, but not really as all bars in Kamala open until 2am anyway!!

Rule 4 – No smoking in ANY bar or restaurant. Penalty for bar owner 20,000bht for smoker 2,000bht.

Seen the posters on this one, sticky backed, in Thai, Chinese and English already up in a couple of Lala bars, already operating. I know they brought in the no smoking law last year but it then only applied to internal bars, it now applies all bars outside or not.

This rule will decimate the bar trade, just look at England, some bars here will open beer gardens, but then you will miss all the action by being outside, most bars do not have the space for beer gardens, they are small shop units. Consider Bangla Road, all sois except Eric cannot smoke as no area to do so, but Soi Eric has the table area outside, would that be out of the bar? If it is, then you’ve just made a fortune Nicke!! And anyone thinking of buying a bar, get one in Soi Eric double quick time!!!

I am not passing on a what a mate told me, this has happened in Lala. They are supposed to be coming back this week to tell all other bar owners. The first 6 complied on day one, but as they have been away most are reverting back now to taking no notice. The owners visited the local Orbitor and asked his opinion, he said to comply but to watch and see if they did it in Patong, if so okay, if not then he would complain, but to who and how much to get the locals police to turn a blind eye!

Hopefully this will be ignored by the Thais and we will go back to normal in a few weeks, but just a warning it is coming to a bar near you!!!

I alla fall regel Nr:1 tycker jag verkar konstig.

Varför inte en öl mitt på dagen?

Dela på andra sajter

.Brödtext.

Ser ut som ett gammalt Aprilskämt.

Notthenation?

MVH Tommy

"There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud."

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Siam-Nilsson

Vet inte riktigt vad jag ska tro?

I december fanns tydligen denna artikel i Phuket Gazett som också talade om "nya" hårdare regler.

Där ville man införa ett 3-timmars alkholfritt uppehåll på eftermiddagen.

Detta verkar ju mindre lustigt för de turister som återvänder från en varm dag på beachen

och då vill stanna till en stund i en bar för att där koppla av med en kall öl.

************************************************************************************************

phuketgazzet.com

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Alcohol act to be strictly enforced in Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket businesses selling and promoting alcohol and tobacco will face stricter enforcement of the Alcohol Control Act in the New Year.

Operators of bars, pubs, restaurants and advertising agencies face fines up to 500,000 baht and prison sentences of up to two years for infringements of the laws.

The imminent crackdown follows a Ministry of Public Health report claiming that despite the introduction of the Alcohol Control Act in February 2008, many businesses are still selling alcohol outside of the regulated hours and to minors.

The report also claims that minors can still easily obtain tobacco.

On Wednesday, Director of the Phuket Public Health Office Dr Pongsawat Rattanasaeng and Phuket Vice-Governor Worapoj Rathasima, announced stricter enforcement of the 2008 Alcohol Control Act in the New Year with tougher monitoring of bars, restaurants and other places selling alcohol and tobacco.

A public relations campaign will also be launched with the aim of creating awareness of the dangers associated with smoking and drinking, especially for minors.

In the past year, investigators have come across many businesses that are not abiding by the law or do not even understand the laws when it comes to alcohol and tobacco sales, said Dr Pongsawat.

“So far, business operators have only received warnings when found to be selling alcohol and tobacco illegally. However, as of January, businesses will face stricter inspections,” he said.

The 2008 Alcohol Control Act states that alcohol cannot be sold at places of worship, health centers and hospitals, government offices, education institutions, and gas stations.

Venue operators found breaking these laws face 10,000-baht fines and/or up to six months in jail.

Alcohol can only be sold between 11am and 2pm and from 5pm until midnight.

Violators face fines of up to 4,000 baht and/or a maximum of two years in jail.

Those found selling alcohol to minors (under 20 years old) face fines of up to 20,000 baht and/or up to one year in jail.

Dr Pongsawat said that alcohol advertising would come under closer scrutiny and that violators could face fines of up to 500,000 baht and/or one-year jail sentences.

He recommended sponsorship of big events as a way for alcohol manufacturers to promote their products.

Dr Pongsawat stressed that the authorities must do their part to educate business operators on alcohol and tobacco laws and punishments for violators while initiating more anti-smoking and anti-alcohol campaigns and clamping down on violators.

– Sitthipong Nongkaew

*******************************************************************************************************

Dela på andra sajter

broder tuk tuk

New Laws - coming to a bar near you!

The previous weekend we had a number of Bangkok Police, accompanied by Patong/Kathu police visit Bars & Restaurants in Lala, detailing the new law regarding bars in Thailand, yes they said this law was coming into effect for all bars and restaurants in the whole country. Not sure at present if these laws are to apply to Hotels and Nightclubs, but cannot see why they would be excluded. Thought it was a scam or joke at first, but then they produced government posters etc confirming the points they made.

They only managed to visit 6 places in the first day and have not come back since, but was told this was because they had been called back to Bangers due to the unrest last week. So 6 places brought in the new law 60 bars in the village were not told yet so have carried on regardless, time will see if they return and inform all other establishments and also of course in Patong and elsewhere. I spoke to a contact last week about this and he confirmed they had already done this in Ranong, so its looking countrywide and not a joke?

Okay so to the new rules:-

Rule One – No alcohol to be served before 5pm on any day.

Can’t understand the reasoning behind this, as I do not know of anywhere that is suffering from say, daytime drunks activities? But I do know that this will hit a lot of bars and restaurants trade if no alcohol sales, no wine with your lunch, surely it has to apply to Hotels as well, wow what kick in the teeth on the back of a low low season, how can this not harm tourism?.

Rule Two – No internal or external alcoholic adverts, ie no product advertisement on bottle condoms, beer mats, clocks, mirrors, glasses, signage, posters etc.

I can see an argument for external advertising, maybe subliminally luring you in for a drink, but once inside why would I be influenced to buy a drink just because I saw a Tiger beer mat?, surely once I’m in my purpose has already been set? Bet Chang will be happy after just spending a squillion baht on all those external bar illuminated signs!!

Rule Three – all bars can stay open until 2am

The only new rule that offered something back, but not really as all bars in Kamala open until 2am anyway!!

Rule 4 – No smoking in ANY bar or restaurant. Penalty for bar owner 20,000bht for smoker 2,000bht.

Seen the posters on this one, sticky backed, in Thai, Chinese and English already up in a couple of Lala bars, already operating. I know they brought in the no smoking law last year but it then only applied to internal bars, it now applies all bars outside or not.

This rule will decimate the bar trade, just look at England, some bars here will open beer gardens, but then you will miss all the action by being outside, most bars do not have the space for beer gardens, they are small shop units. Consider Bangla Road, all sois except Eric cannot smoke as no area to do so, but Soi Eric has the table area outside, would that be out of the bar? If it is, then you’ve just made a fortune Nicke!! And anyone thinking of buying a bar, get one in Soi Eric double quick time!!!

I am not passing on a what a mate told me, this has happened in Lala. They are supposed to be coming back this week to tell all other bar owners. The first 6 complied on day one, but as they have been away most are reverting back now to taking no notice. The owners visited the local Orbitor and asked his opinion, he said to comply but to watch and see if they did it in Patong, if so okay, if not then he would complain, but to who and how much to get the locals police to turn a blind eye!

Hopefully this will be ignored by the Thais and we will go back to normal in a few weeks, but just a warning it is coming to a bar near you!!!

Äsch!

Det är väl bara att gå in på första bästa seven och köpa både whiskey och öl och sen ta med detta till beachen.

Varför sitta i en stekhett bar mitt på dagen??

BTT

Soi 7

Dela på andra sajter

Äsch!

Det är väl bara att gå in på första bästa seven och köpa både whiskey och öl och sen ta med detta till beachen.

BTT

Oooops, trodde Du var en Thairäv B)

Det borde Du väl känna till att man inte kan göra annat än mellan 11-14 och efter 17, hur kunde Du missa det? :rtfm:

Vinter och snö gör sig bäst på vykort.

Nackdelen med alkohol är att det får människan att förväxla ord med tankar!

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Siam-Nilsson

Kanske de striktare alkohollagarna bara är ett sätt att försöka muntra upp ordningsmakten.

De erbjuds på detta vis ett nytt sätt att tjäna en extra hacka på.

Alltså som en annan snubbe utryckte det:

Rule number 1:

Any given law in Thailand is created to allow your police-force to find creative ways to collect tea-money from it.

Rule number 2:

If a law benefits the average citizen, police is not doing their work properly.please go back to rule number 1.

Dela på andra sajter

Äsch!

BTT

Det e därför många föredrar att spendera dagarna på TQ (som kör för fullt igen), eller de trevliga barerna på beach road Soi 6 de har AC, mer än vad man kan säga om stranden :diablo:.

MVH Tommy

"There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud."

Dela på andra sajter

Det här med att man inte får köpa alkohol mellan 14-17 gäller, eller rättare sagt, ska gälla alla ställen, såväl affärer som barer och restauranger. Så har jag uppfattat det iaf. Blev nekad att köpa öl på flera restauranger i Bangkok och fick snällt vänta till kl 17. En lag som verkar sakna både logik och kraft.

Dela på andra sajter

UDON-CHARLIE

Oooops, trodde Du var en Thairäv B)

Det borde Du väl känna till att man inte kan göra annat än mellan 11-14 och efter 17, hur kunde Du missa det? :rtfm:

Ja, den här lagen har man fått känna på åtskilliga gånger. :(

-Kan även nämnas att nu har alla bensinstationer och

7-11 i anslutning till dom, total förbud på alkhol försäljning.

-Men! det är ju bara att gå runt hörnet till närmsta lokala

thaiförsäljare, och köpa sina Leo. :)

U-C

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...