IGNORERAD

Historien bakom fotot med National Geographic

Skibi

Grymtbar tv prågram! great.gif

Historien bakom fotot med National Geographic

Nat Geos chefredaktör Chris Johns presenterar de tio bästa fotografierna 2009.

De inblandade personerna avslöjar historien bakom varje bild.

Repris i natt klockan 05:00 på National Geocraphic!

Mvh

Kimmo

You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Dela på andra sajter

Här är en av de bilderna!

International Photography Contest

toensing-places-615.jpg

Focus on Places

National Geographic photographer Amy Toensing is your expert mentor in the Places category.

Photograph by Amy ToensingWhen Amy Toensing traveled to Thailand, Malaysia, Nepal, and India at the age of 20, she realized that a camera offered her a way to engage the world. "I've always been curious," she explains, "and photography was a license to engage in people's lives, to discover more about places I visited. It gave me a role in the world."

Toensing was drawn to places through their people, and gradually her work evolved toward the social issues that shape everyday life. Whether documenting life on the New Jersey Shore or the Kingdom of Tonga, she seeks out the familiar rather than the exotic. "I look for the ordinary in the extraordinary," she says. "I think about place the way I think about people: every place has its own personality, its own moods. A good photographer becomes attuned to these."

Toensing captured the mood of Australia's Murray-Darling Basin drought (above) by photographing the barren land with a high horizon in the day's harshest light. She followed Simon Booth as he checked his ranch for growth after a rare rainfall. "It still looked like moonscape," she explains. "These people were simply overpowered by the dramatic changes in their world. Murray-Darling was the story of a landscape and of people's fading place in it.”

Mvh

Kimmo

You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Dela på andra sajter

En till! jap.gif

Diane Cook and Len Jenshel

diane-cook-len-jenshel-green-roof_3964_600x450.jpg

Photograph by Diane Cook and Len Jenshel

Diane Cook and Len Jenshel are two of America's foremost landscape photographers, interpreting culture and environment for over 25 years.

They met in 1979, were married in 1983, and began collaborating in 1991. Their first joint project, an exhibition and book about volcanic landscape, Hot Spots (Bulfinch Press, 1996), won Golden Light Award for best landscape photography book of 1996 and was among American Photo Magazine's "Best Photo Books of the Year." Their most recent book, Aquarium (Aperture, 2003), explores the spectacle and the packaging of nature in public aquariums.

Currently they are collaborating with their unique style of pairing black and white prints by Cook with color images by Jenshel on several new projects. On Ice is a sumptuous look at Greenland's glaciers and icebergs, and deals with the issues of beauty and impermanence in the age of global warming. The Edge of New York: Waterfront Photographs is an exploration of the 500-plus miles (800-plus kilometers) of waterfront in the five boroughs of New York City, a project sponsored by grants from The Design Trust for Public Space and NYSCA. Gardens By Night is a meditation on what night reveals in the environment of a created paradise.

Diane Cook has been photographing the complexity of landscape since her graduation from Rutgers University in 1976. She has been a recipient of two New York State Council on the Arts grants in 1987 and 2003, and a Photo Urbanism grant from the Design Trust for Public Space in 2002. She has had one-person shows at the Museum of Contemporary Photography in Chicago, Klotz-Sirmon Gallery and Yancey Richardson Gallery, both in New York City, Paul Kopeikin Gallery in Los Angeles, G. Gibson Gallery in Seattle, Kathleen Ewing Gallery in Washington, D.C., and Scheinbaum & Russek in Santa Fe. Her work is in numerous collections, including the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Museum of Photographic Arts in San Diego, and the L.A. County Museum in Los Angeles, to name a few.

Len Jenshel is one of the pioneers of "The New Color," photographing landscape and culture since 1974. His books include Travels in the American West (Smithsonian, 1992), Charmed Places (Abrams, 1988), and Charleston and the Low Country (Spacemaker Press, 1997). His photographs have been exhibited internationally in one-person shows at the Yokohama Museum in Tokyo, the Art Institute of Chicago, and the International Center of Photography in New York City. His work is represented in over a hundred collections worldwide. He has received numerous grants including the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship, the National Endowment for the Arts, two from the New York State Council on the Arts, the Graham Foundation, and the Design Trust for Public Space.

In addition to their personal projects, Cook and Jenshel also work on assignments for major domestic and international magazines, including National Geographic, Condé Nast Traveler, House & Garden, The New Yorker, National Geographic Traveler, Washington Post Magazine, Fortune, Men's Journal, Audubon, Departures, Civilization, Travel & Leisure, GEO, Life, T&L Golf, Organic Style, Budget Travel, Nest, Outside, Town & Country, and many others.

They are both represented by Kathleen Ewing Gallery in Washington, D.C., and Scheinbaum & Russek in Santa Fe. They travel extensively for personal projects, assignments, lectures, and workshops. When they are not on the road, they make their home in New York City.

Mvh

Kimmo

Dela på andra sajter

Jag hittade en till! whistle.gif

Parallel Rivers

three-parallel-rivers-cow-615.jpg

Searching for Shangri-La

Two visions of the future compete for the soul of China’s western frontier.

By Mark JenkinsPhotograph by Fritz Hoffmann

Dela på andra sajter

Kul.. NG är häftigt. great.gif

Tyckte den här var ball.

Jajamen, Crittercam är ball! yes.gif

NG kör med coola kamera tricks.

Mvh

Kimmo

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...