IGNORERAD

IL nr 2, 3 och 4

Enis

PROOF att vissa, utlänning-Thai relationer kan PRODUKTIV

Buri Ram, en av Isarn största provinserna, och en där så många som 1.300 utländska män av thailändska fruar har valt att bosätta sig, ofta med, eller nära den utvidgade familjen av makarna, snarare än att sätta upp hemma i Pattaya eller liknande Western-friendly semesterorter med en thailändsk hustru, som ursprungligen kom från Buri Ram, men kom till en av dessa farang-centric enklaver att söka sin lycka, eller hitta en farang make.

Tre utländska män, från USA, Storbritannien och Holland, respektive, och deras thailändska fruar var beställd av guvernören i Buri Ram Mongkol Surasajja den 25 september 2009, för deras enastående bidrag till det lokala samhället. Vid en ceremoni i närvaro av femtio andra par, medlemmar av den diplomatiska kåren och medierna, med titeln "Buri Ram Civilization Öppnar to the World", som hölls för att hedra dessa sex personer vid Muang Tam Sanctuary Compound i Prakhon Chai lade guvernören att med plack av äran för att aktivt delta i och lämnar betydande bidrag till den lokala thailändska kulturen.

Dessa män, Karl Kunz, från USA, Wayne Pickering, från Storbritannien, och Ruben van Beek, från Nederländerna har gett pedagogiska stipendier till lokala föräldralösa barn, uppmuntra utländska frivilliga att hjälpa till skolan renoveringar, undervisa vuxna och barn engelska och tillhandahålla rent dricksvatten för skolbarn och andra. De, i likhet med de övriga 1.300 utländska män, har valt att integrera sig i det enkla livsstil på landsbygden jordbruket miljö, deltar i odling av ris, tapioka, jute, och sockerrör, mango, guava, söt tamarind och pomelo, och stödja några av sina hustrur "tyg-vävning, särskilt siden.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/showfeature.php?FeatureID=0000001442

Enis ... som gillar att lata sig när man är i byn.

"Om du inte är en elefant, försök inte bajsa som en..."

Dela på andra sajter

mamma bäng fan pappa käng

Fick gå till källan för att förstå något av detta. Men tack för läsningen, intressant. mvh

"Stupidity has a certain charm - ignorance does not." F. Zappa.

".. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assigment. I told them they did not understand life." J Lennon

Dela på andra sajter

Enis, det gör jag med, dock är det föga arbetsamt att på något sätt bidraga till förbättringar i den Thailändska förskingringen där de fattiga förblir fattiga på de rikas bekostnad, det var väl ungefär detta Du menade när Du skrev ingressen IL 2,3 o 4? :D

Såg ett reportage på Thai TV för någon vecka sedan om en farang som tagit steget fullt ut, bodde i en Thaihydda, odlade sitt ris,skötte sina ankor o höns på samma primitiva sätt som Thailändarna, det kallar jag för ett IL liv till fullo.

Hade

Baa

Vinter och snö gör sig bäst på vykort.

Nackdelen med alkohol är att det får människan att förväxla ord med tankar!

Dela på andra sajter

Exactemente, det är inte en dag försent att forumets egen Guvenör i närvaro av 50 andra par och Fodervärdar med ett plack av äran hedrar våran egen IL för sin ständiga kamp mot Bangkoknomenklaturan och goda reklam för det enkla bylivet i Isaan.

Saluteraren Arne

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Hej

Ja det var trevlig läsning om utlänningarna som lever utanför turistorterna, och roligt att samhället uppskattar att dom har anammat livet på landet.

Detta visar väl även dom största tvivlarna att det är fullt möjligt att leva ett normalt byliv även som utlänning.

Och att även utlänningarna kan göra mycket för omgivningen, hoppas fler svenskar provar.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

PROOF THAT, FOR SOME, FOREIGNER-THAI RELATIONSHIPS CAN BE PRODUCTIVE

Buri Ram, one of Isarn’s largest provinces, and one in which as many as 1,300 foreign husbands of Thai wives have chosen to take up residence, often with, or near the extended family of the spouses, rather than setting up home in Pattaya or similar Western–friendly resorts with a Thai wife, who originally hailed from Buri Ram, but came to one of the these farang-centric enclaves to seek her fortune, or find a farang husband.

Three foreign men, from the US, UK and Holland, respectively, and their Thai wives were commended by the Governor of Buri Ram Mongkol Surasajja on 25 September 2009, for their outstanding contributions to the local community. At a ceremony, attended by fifty other couples, members of the diplomatic corps and the media, entitled “Buri Ram Civilization Opens to the World”, held in tribute to these six people at Muang Tam Sanctuary Compound in Prakhon Chai, the governor presented them with plaques of honour for actively participating in and making significant contributions to the local Thai culture.

These men, Karl Kunz, from the United States; Wayne Pickering, from the United Kingdom; and Ruben van Beek, from the Netherlands have been providing educational scholarships for local orphans; encouraging foreign volunteers to assist in school renovations; teaching adults and children English; and providing clean drinking water for schoolchildren and others. They, in common, with the other 1,300 foreign husbands, have chosen to integrate themselves into the simple lifestyle of the rural agricultural environment, participating in the growing of rice, tapioca, jute, and sugar cane, mango, guava, sweet tamarind, and pomelo, and supporting some of their wives’ cloth-weaving, especially silk.

These Westerners have essentially chosen to lead active, productive lives, rather than spending all their time in hedonistic pursuits in the urban centres favoured by foreigners. Their assimilation into the local culture and consequent desire to spend the rest of their lives in the province has no doubt been aided significantly by the uncommon hospitality and tolerance of the Isarn populace, which many contend stands in stark contrast to the inhabitants of the Thai metropolitan centres.

Internet comment boards are rife with the tales of woe and jaundiced views of foreigners who came to Thailand, perhaps initially on holiday and then decided to stay, but fell foul of unscrupulous bar-girls or get-rich-quick-real estate-merchants. In common parlance, “they left their brains at the airport”, in other words, they suspended their critical faculties for the duration; something many of them would never ever have contemplated in other settings.

Many of these hapless victims undoubtedly led lifestyles which made them totally vulnerable to the scheming wiles of the ‘sirens’ of the bars, who realising they had the weapons of youth, beauty and the Asian sexual mystique on their sides, milked many of these unfortunates for all they were worth. But then is it any wonder? Most sex workers come from impoverished backgrounds, frequently in the poorer parts of Isarn, whose families eke out a subsistence existence, constantly vulnerable to crop failure, loan sharks and unprincipled and ruthless city developers who come to the rural communities and effectively condemn them to extinction by planting extensive eucalyptus forests, for instance.

These eucalyptus plantations leach all the goodness out of the soil, leaving it acidic, arid and barren and incapable of further crop bearing. Deprived of their livelihood, the families of these communities either succumb to dire poverty, or seek employment in the big cities or tourist resorts where they frequently become exploited and frequently criminalised. In this respect, Thai cities like Bangkok and Pattaya are no different to metropolises worldwide.

The sheer size of these modern urban centres guarantees alienation and isolation and as happened in the cities of the Industrial Revolutions of the West, capitalists or materialistic power-wielders, or in Pattaya’s case, bar-owners, exploit the struggling and dispossessed masses. And let us not forget that a large percentage of foreigners in the tourist havens gain their livelihoods in the sex trade, often closely tied in with criminal elements. They can hardly be proud of their exploitation and degradation of the young Thai females and males, which they pursue so brazenly. Likewise, the sex tourists can hardly complain if they are treated despicably, for they are perpetrating and prolonging the infamy. If they choose to gravitate towards and immerse themselves in the sybaritic honey pots, then they can expect to become prey to the denizens of vice, of sundry shades, who, too, are inevitably drawn to the rich pickings.

This also holds true, to a certain degree, for the recent spate of avaricious foreign mega-property developers, and their symbiotic opportunistic real estate investors that we recently saw so many of, intent on making a quick killing, usually by buying off-plan. With the global economic downturn and the consequent demise of many of the overextended property entrepreneurs, frequently of hype, their much lauded developments were exposed for what many were, mere chimeras, promising amazing returns and fabulous lifestyles, but in reality the fantasies of heat-oppressed brains. Inexorably drawn into this web of inflated promises and delusion, those foreigners hoping to make their fortunes frequently lost all but the shirts on their backs.

In contrast to the rampant materialism and unscrupulousness of such representatives of the West, it is no surprise that the inhabitants of Buri Ram should have been so impressed by those few altruistic individuals who, renouncing the relentless pursuit of mammon, should instead have invested their lives and efforts in philanthropic ventures to the benefit of the Isarn salt of the earth.

sorn

Feature Type : Society

Story : PDN team

Det senaste har jag sagt till katter några gånger, men en gång trodde jag att jag sa samma, men jag måste ha sagt något helt annat, för båda katterna vred snabbt på huvudet och glodde förvånat

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Siam-Nilsson

Fantastiskt måste jag säga. :great:

Vilka otroliga eldsjälar dessa faranger måste vara som verkar där i BuriRam - det är nästan så att en gammal syniker som jag får revidera mina något tilltuffsade funderingar.

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Fantastiskt måste jag säga. :great:

Vilka otroliga eldsjälar dessa faranger måste vara som verkar där i BuriRam - det är nästan så att en gammal syniker som jag får revidera mina något tilltuffsade funderingar.

Hej

Ja det var jättebra att den här artikeln kom, för det fanns ju många tvivlare på forumet som tyckte att jag var dum och blåögd som trodde att man

kunde accepteras som utlänning på landet i isaan.

Och ingen klagade på att dom deltog i arbetet på landet, utan tvärtom fick dom beröm även ifrån samhället.

Och det var kusligt lika som vi agerade ovetandes om varandra, upplägget verkar vara väldigt likt det jag själv har.

Nämligen att deltaga i byns dagliga arbete på samma vilkor och att leva på samma nivå som dom andra i byn.

Och att dra igång en massa projekt som bl.a reparation av skolor, hjälpa fattiga att studera o.s.v

Att inte bara hjälpa den egna familjen är viktigt, man måste även se till byns bästa och hjälpa andra som är i större nöd än egna släktingar.

Som sagt mycket trevligt att läsa om männen i Buri Ram, och hoppas att det väcker intresse hos fler.

Det är väldigt viktigt att tesen om att alla utlänningar är offer som har lurats till landet av sina fruar, och som vistas där mot sin vilja,

och är omgivna av lurendrejare.

Nej livet på landet är som jag har sagt tidigare fantastiskt, och man känner sig verkligen välkommen och älskad där.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...