IGNORERAD

Massdemonstration i Bangkok på onsdag......

lars60

Här spekuleras det om 300 000 "rödskjortor".

300,000 protesters to confront Thai government

http://www.phuketgaz...dex.asp?id=7220

Här är det bara 100 000 som beräknas demonstrera.

Prem says he will not flee from red-shirted mass rally 

http://www.nationmul...-shirted-mass-r

Privy Council President Gen Prem Tinsulanonda said Sunday that he would remain at his Sisao Theves residence on Wednesday when the pro-Thaksin red-shirted people would hold the biggest ever mass rally.

The red-shirted leaders vowed to rally over 100,000 people to the demonstration in front of the Government House and they said the protesters would spill over to the area in front of Prem's house.

Prem said the government did have to step up security for him that day.

The Nation

Vi har det iaf ganska bra!

Dela på andra sajter

Hmm...vi får hoppas på det bästa och att det går "fredligt" till!

http://www.bangkokpo...-quell-uprising

PM ready to quell uprising  UDD leaders urged to avoid violent clashes 

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva insists the government will not allow "a civil war or a people's uprising" as fears of a possible bloodbath were raised ahead of Wednesday's major red-shirt protest at Government House.

In a special televised address to the nation Monday night, Mr Abhisit said there were concerns Wednesday's rally would escalate into civil war or a people's revolution but he wanted to assure that the government would take steps under the law to stop this happening.

The prime minister also urged the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship protesters to refrain from any actions deemed to affect the country's key institutions and national security...

Dela på andra sajter

Känns tyvärr orobådande, tiden rinner ut för Thaksin och det måste ske något innan hans supportrar tar sitt pick och pack och reser hem till Songkran i Baan Nok med start på fredag.

Polisen ska iallafall vara obeväpnade, endast sköldar och batonger, men det hindrar ju inte andra från att vara det. Såg att det bildats en ny mobb som skulle försvara Prem´s hus där der röda förväntas protestera.

Vi får hoppas på det bästa!

"It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it"- Aung San Suu Kyi
"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza
"Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience"
"Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true" -Homer Simpson

www.destinationasien.se 

Dela på andra sajter

Nu trappas det upp inför onsdagens övningar!

6400a43f.jpg

UPDATED Anti-government protesters trapped Mr Abhisit inside a Pattaya hotel and then attacked his motorcade as political tumult escalated into violence. In Bangkok (inset) police await a major rally on Wednesday. Photo by PATTANAPONG HIRUNARD

Red-shirts assault Abhisit's motorcade

http://www.bangkokpo...-shirts-trap-pm

Hundreds of protesters trapped Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva inside a beach hotel for several hours on Tuesday, raising tensions ahead of a key Asian summit beginning there on Friday.

The supporters of fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra smashed the window of a vehicle carrying Mr Abhisit as he escaped from the luxury resort in Pattaya, where he had been holding a cabinet meeting...

Dela på andra sajter

Är det någon som har färska nyheter från demonstrationerna? Verkar hopplöst att komma in på Bangkok news idag. Kolla själv. Är det kanske nån form av censur kanske?

Dela på andra sajter

Det verkar snarast vara överbelastning på vissa nyhetssiter.

Senaste rapportrna talar om 35-40000 rödtröjor, uppdelade på 4 ställen i Bangkok. Ännu inga bråk.

Poffa

Dela på andra sajter

Runt 40 000 just nu är vad jag har från oberoende källor, Prems hus är omringat av 10 000 man men ännu så har de inte gjort någon attack mot hans hus.

Ett rykte som har börjat cirkulera är att Thaksin skulle vara på väg till Thailand från Dubai ombord på en Emirates flight och stämmer det har det väl samma effekt som att hälla bensin på en öppen eld. Men detta är ännu ett väldigt löst rykte!

"It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it"- Aung San Suu Kyi
"Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience"
"Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true" -Homer Simpson

www.destinationasien.se 

Dela på andra sajter

Vi får väl hoppas att demonstationerna går lugnt tillväga. Tråkigt för det Thailändska folket att aldrig få lugn och ro. Nu kommer dom väl att tappa ännu fler turister. Undrar just hur lång tid det ska ta innan det demokratiska tänkandet ska slå igenom och man kan låta politikerna verka genom hela mandatet. Blir ju jobbigt i längden att byta varje år.  :wai:

Dela på andra sajter

Med lite flyt når de upp till 80 000 till kvällen, ungefär lika många som de gula samlade när de var som störst. Fast fortfarande ganska långt ifrån deras egna prognoser på 300 000 demonstranter.

www.destinationasien.se 

Dela på andra sajter

Jag var nere i stadskarnan i morse, i en stad dar PPP-stodet bara var drygt 10%, och kopte min khaomanngai nar folk borjade samlas for den 1.5 timme langa bussfarden in till Bkk. Thaksin maste vara valdigt desperat for alla fick 1,000 Baht (plus en rod t-shirt) och javlar vad folk det var! Jag kanner, eller iaf kanner igen, manga av framforallt de yngre som satt och drack sangsom och firade sin storsta dagslon i livet, efter att bott till och fran i staden i 10 ar. 2 av killarna ar lokala kandisar efter att ha varit med och stormat Suvarnabhumi i gula trojor och jag uppskattar att minst 50% av dagens rod-trojor var med pa tillstallningar i gula trojor, aven da betalda givetvis, men oftast bara 200-500 Baht/dagen. Det ar sa har man skapar ett folkligt uppror i Thailand  :grrrrrr: .

Jag har nu pa eftermiddagen flyttat mig tillbaka till Bkk da jag hastigt och lustigt maste aka till Korea imorgon och javla vad bussar jag passerade pa vag till Bkk. Det har kommer inte sluta val...

Dela på andra sajter

1000 baht per person. Det är det Thaksin kallar demokrati!! hahaha :kort:

Sen kan man ju fundera över de nötter som utan tvekan tar dessa mutor och bara ställer upp, men det är klart med Wanja Rövardotter i färskt minne så varför inte. De kanske blev lurade??

/ Joe

In Asia you live and you die. In Farangland you expect to live one day, then you die without having lived.

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

ndm.kit.header();  ndm.kit.header();  ndm.kit.header();    | Hej          Lite mer om Demonstrationerna.

THE AUSTRALIAN        Protesters pile pressure on Thai PM          From correspondents in Bangkok | April 09, 2009 Article from:  Agence France-Presse  MORE than 100,000 protesters rallied in Bangkok overnight in their biggest bid yet to topple premier Abhisit Vejjajiva, deepening Thailand's political crisis days before it hosts a key Asian summit.

Demonstrators wearing signature red shirts massed outside the house of a top royal aide whom they accuse of masterminding the 2006 coup that ousted former premier Thaksin Shinawtra and eventually led to Mr Abhisit's rise.

They also gathered outside the offices of the British-born Mr Abhisit, where protesters have staged a sit-in for the past two weeks, chanting "Bring Thaksin back, Abhisit get out!"

Billionaire tycoon Mr Thaksin, who is living in exile to avoid a two-year jail term for corruption, thanked his supporters in a speech delivered via videolink after nightfall.

"I was overwhelmed to see this sea of red," Mr Thaksin said.

"I want to congratulate the entire Thai nation. We are gathering here because we are thirsty for real democracy," he said. "This fight is not for me, it's about our country, our people, our future generations."

Thousands of security forces guarded key sites across the capital, but there was no immediate sign of violence despite the prime minister's warnings that a core group of protesters would try to provoke bloodshed.

"We came here to expel the government," protest leader Nattawut Saikuar told the cheering crowd of so-called Red Shirts, adding that they planned to stay in place until tomorrow.

Mr Abhisit rejected the protesters' demands to dissolve his four-month-old administration and hold fresh elections, warning of strong action if there was any violence.

"The government will act decisively with any provocateurs," he said. "I will not dissolve the house because of violence."

He said some protesters wanted to trigger "chaos on the streets", adding that an attack on his car on Tuesday in the beach resort of Pattaya showed there were deliberate efforts to provoke the government.

Police issued a formal warning to protesters not to enter the house of General Prem Tinsulanonda, a former premier who is now a key aide to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, after thousands of demonstrators ringed the compound.

Bangkok deputy police commander Lieutenant General Chakthip Chaijinda said he had informed Mr Abhisit that there were more than 100,000 protesters in the city and that more were expected overnight, raising security fears.

"We are worried that third parties may act tonight and may launch a bomb attack," he said. "But we have enough officials and also a large number on standby."

Mr Abhisit insisted there was no threat to the ASEAN summit of Asian leaders, including the Chinese and Japanese premiers, due to start Friday in Pattaya where the attack on his car took place.

The unrest has prompted speculation that Thailand's army could try to mount another coup, but powerful army chief General Anupong Paojinda dismissed talk of a putsch.

Mr Thaksin's recent accusations that Prem conspired to overthrow him broke a major taboo in Thailand, where royalty is revered, and fuelled the risk of what Mr Abhisit described earlier this week as a "civil war".

The Red Shirts remain furious about the way Mr Abhisit took power in December following a court decision that removed allies of Mr Thaksin from government.

That ruling came after months of protests by rival yellow-clad protesters claiming allegiance to the monarchy, who occupied Government House and mounted a crippling blockade of Bangkok's airports.

The nation remains deeply divided between Mr Thaksin's followers among the urban and rural poor and his foes in Bangkok's traditional power cliques of the palace, military and bureaucracy.

The country is also facing its first recession since the 1997 Asian financial crisis, with the central bank cutting interest rates for the fourth time in four months on Wednesday.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...