IGNORERAD

Två bagagehanterare tagna på Suvvan i bagagestöld

Tallviking

Två bagagehanterare ertappades på bar gärning när dom stal pengar och värdesaker ur väskor till ett plan dom höll på att last

Håll era väskor låsta

Suvarnabhumi baggage handlers nabbed for stealing

c1_1293126_170724152421_620x413.jpg

Money and accessories stolen from passengers' luggage are displayed. (Photo supplied by Suvarnabhumi airport)

Two baggage handlers were found stealing money and other accessory items from passengers’ luggage while loading it onto a plane on Friday night, according to a press statement from Suvarnabhumi airport.

Sitthichai Saw Tiew, 24, and Piyapong Juisuwan, 28, were employed by Bangkok Flight Services Co as handlers of checked baggage. They were found with 10,000 yuan (around 50,000 baht), said Kittipong Kittikachorn, vice-president of security at Suvarnabhumi airport, on Monday.

The thefts were detected by Nattapon Thammarat, 20, a new security guard only 20 days at work. 

Mr Nattapon noticed the two handlers acting suspiciously while loading luggage onto a Malaysia Airlines MH783 bound for Kuala Lumper at around 6pm on Friday.

He said a large piece of luggage had been placed to obstruct the view of the security guard, while the two men often glanced in his direction and hurried to the toilet as soon as the job was complete. His suspicions aroused, Mr Nattapon requested that the man submit to a search. When a bundle of foreign currency was found in Mr Sitthichai’s crotch, Mr Nattapon asked the chief security guard to arrest the two men.

Mr Sitthichai had allegedly taken the money from a passenger's backpack, while Mr Piyapong was on the lookout.

The search at Mr Sitthichai’s apartment in Soi Lat Krabang 54 found a watch, two pairs of sunglasses and 56 Turkmenistani Manat, according to the airport's press statement.

Mr Sitthichai confessed to committing this kind of theft five times in the five months he had worked for the company, Thai media reported. He had copied the techniques from other senior employees, who had since resigned or been sacked. 

He would steal from unlocked luggage at a time when no security guards were watching, said the report. Once he had taken an item, he would conceal it in a shoe or in his crotch for ease of smuggling it out of the controlled area. 

The suspects were charged with stealing on airport grounds, which carries a jail term of 1-5 years and a fine of 2,000-10,000 baht.    

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1293126/suvarnabhumi-baggage-handlers-nabbed-for-stealing

Being nice is overrated - Garfield

Dela på andra sajter

Dom hade nog inte alla jetmotorer igång dom där!:big_smile:

Sju år i folkskola, yes! Proud member of R 142 Ystad! Däckspojke!

Dela på andra sajter

44 minuter sedan, skrev rolba:

Bötesbeloppet var ju inte direkt avskräckande. :31:

Fängelse i 1-5 år ingick ju också i straffet

Being nice is overrated - Garfield

Dela på andra sajter

20dar på jobbet och ännu inte med i vinstdelnings-systemet

Dumsnåla tjuvar.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Dela på andra sajter

12 minuter sedan, skrev Tallviking:

Fängelse i 1-5 år ingick ju också i straffet

Ska man tolka det skrivna som att straffen är hårdare för brott begångna på flygplatsområde?

Dela på andra sajter

4 minuter sedan, skrev Nicholas:

20dar på jobbet och ännu inte med i vinstdelnings-systemet

Dumsnåla tjuvar.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Undra till vilken del chefen för vakterna var med i vinstdelningssystemet?

Det har varit bra mycket bättre med stölder och brottslighet på Suvan än vad det var på Don Muang innan Suvan byggdes. Där gick det ganska öppet att beställa nästan vad som helst av tjuvarna som jobbade där.

Dela på andra sajter

56 Turkmenistan Manat motsvarar 16 USD, vilka klipp dessa grabbar gjorde!

Men vem fan är så korkad att man checkar in pengar och liknande värdesaker när man flyger?

"It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it"- Aung San Suu Kyi
"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza
"Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience"
"Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true" -Homer Simpson

www.destinationasien.se 

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...