IGNORERAD

Gränsövergången vid Nong Kai???

Fenrisulven

Tänkte pipa över till laos en sväng...vad e de som gäller vid gränsövergången? 1500 baht för å komma in i laos? stämmer de? kan man åka bil över utan problem?.berätta gärna någon som kan...hade bara tänkt å pipa över för att förnya 1 månadersvisa...kanske ta en dag i  vientianne

Dela på andra sajter

Vientianne är inget vidare tycker jag, bättre att ta en sväng till Vang Vieng i såna fall eller dra tillbaka med en gång. Minns inte vad visumet kostade för jag fixade det via nån visaservice som körde mig till gränsen och fixade alla dokument osv, det tog dom några hundra baht extra för.

Mvh Swippe

It´s the choices You make, not the chanses You take, that´s determines Your destiny

Dela på andra sajter

"kan man åka bil över utan problem?."

Åker du i egen bil måste du ha ett speciellt pass som gäller för bilen. Jag fixade ett sådant när jag bodde däruppe

och det var rätt omständligt.

Mycket enklare att ta bussen över bron och sedan en tuk-tuk eller taxi de cirka 20 km in till Vientiane.

Passa på att besöka Scandinavian Bakery i Vientiane, med många godsaker i hyllorna. Drivs av svensken Sune Wissmar.

Finns en del bilder från Vientiane under http://janluthman.se/

Till skillnad mot Swippe så rekommenderar jag ett besök i Laos huvudstad.

Jan L

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Hej

Här är lite info om Lao border crossing.

Lao Visa Prices

The 30 day visa on arrival in the Lao PDR is available at all ports of entry in Laos including the three international airports of Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Pakse. You should try to have one photo. Visa cost ranges from $20 (China) to $42 (Canada).  Sweden is $31, $35 for the USA, UK and most of Europe, $40 for India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and $30 for Australia and other countries. The full list is on display at the Visa Application window. Japanese visitors to Lao no longer need a visa and ASEAN country passport holders should not have to pay for a 15 day entry stamp.

US dollars in smaller denominations can be used freely in much of Laos, so try to arrive with enough US$ notes for your visa. Thai currency (baht) can also be used in Lao, but 1500 baht for a Lao visa for is expensive (bad exchange rate at Lao Immigration!). 

Extending a Lao Visa. If you apply before the expiry date, visas can be extended for about $1 per day in Vientiane. The Immigration office is opposite Bangkok Bank in a road off Lane Xang Avenue, on the other side to the Morning Market. On the corner is the Joint Development Bank (JDB) head office which has ATMs for VISA and MasterCard. See Lao Banks & ATMs for more information.

By the way, if you're visiting Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) or Phnom Penh before your trip to the Lao PDR, you get US dollars from Cambodia's ATMs. See Banking in SE Asia. You should also apply for a Lao Visa in Phnom Penh if you are entering Laos by land from Cambodia, as a visa on arrival is not available. You can however exit Laos and enter Cambodia.

You can also obtain your Lao Visa in the USA in advance from Passport Visa Express, or from a Lao Embassy in your country. If you prefer to have all your visas in your passport before you arrive in the countries that require them, then visit the PassportVisasExpress.com website where you can also apply for a US Passport if you don't have one yet.

Note that many travellers entering Thailand from the Lao PDR or other country will not need a Thai visa. Check your country.

Visa procedure at the Thai Lao Friendship Bridge, Nongkhai

Opening times are from 6 am to 10 pm. Unless you are unlucky and arrive just after a large tour group, the wait for your visa is usually 10 to 15 minutes. Delays are "hit and miss" anyway, as there are sometimes long queues at Immigration too. As with everything in Lao, there's never a rush.

It's worth noting that Immigration can be slow and frustrating on the Thai side too. If you are in a hurry, best to avoid late afternoons, public holidays and weekends in either country, when the locals cross the border in substantial numbers.

There are now 24 hour Thai baht ATMs just before Thai Immigration, for VISA, MasterCard etc. The next are on the Lao side several Km from the Bridge, outside three factories; these also accept VISA and Cirrus cards, but dispense kip, usable only within the Lao PDR.

* Visa on arrival facilities now exist at 14 land border crossings and river ports of entry to the Lao PDR from Thailand, China and Vietnam including Mittaphap (Friendship) Bridge & Nongkhai, Houayxay & Xiengkhong, Thakhek & Nakhonphanom, Savannakhet & Mukdahan, Vangtao & Xongmek, Namphao & Cautreo, Densavanh & Laobao, Naphao & Chalo, Boten & Bohane, Namkane & Namekane, Namsoue & Nameo and Paksane & Beungkane. We cannot confirm the Cambodia/Lao crossing points issue visas.

If you already have a visa for the Lao PDR in your passport, you only need to fill in an Arrival/Departure form (similar to the Thailand one) available in the arrivals area or from the Visa on Arrival window. Just ask for the form. Fill in both sections, using any guesthouse or hotel name (Lao Plaza, Novotel, Mekong) as your address – no one cares. Present the completed form with your passport at a Foreign Passports booth and you will be 'stamped in'. Make sure you get 30 days entry and not just 15 as previously. 

WARNING: DO NOT USE A NONGKHAI AGENT TO GET YOUR LAO VISA.

LAO IMMIGRATION HAS OUTLAWED THE USE OF THESE SERVICES.

Visa Services may still be offered by Nongkhai travel agencies, guest houses or hotels and other shops near the bridge when selling tours to Laos. You would pay substantially more than the visa fee and achieve nothing except a few minutes of time. The correct procedure is to apply for a 30 day Lao visa-on-arrival on the Lao side of the river, with usually a short delay unless there are a lot of people ahead of you. It's quite straightforward when you know how:

If you don't already have a Lao visa, DO NOT queue at the Foreign Passports Arrivals Booth. Ask for the two forms you need at the left hand Visa-on-arrival window.

First, fill in the simple Visa Application form and hand it back together with your passport, one photo and the fee (there is a list of countries and fees ranging from $30 to $42 – see above) in US dollars cash. On weekends and holidays there is a $1 surcharge.

Second, take your time to complete both halves of the Arrivals/Departure form. Wait 10 minutes or so until your name (or something resembling it!) is called from the right hand window, collect your passport with its (previously 15 but now) 30 day visa, and proceed to one of the Foreign Passports arrivals booths, where you will be processed. Check to make sure you are stamped in for thirty days and not fifteen as previously.

If you have a two month visa, make sure they give you two months. Sometimes they put thirty days by mistake on the stamp.

Walk past Customs; they rarely stop foreign tourists unless they are carrying a lot of extra bags. At the Entry Fee booth pay 10 or 20 baht. The final stop is a uniformed official who briefly checks your passport and the entry receipts. Welcome to Lao!

If you want to stock up on imported liquor and cigarettes, you can buy them freely at the Duty Free shops on the Lao side. However, liquor prices are much the same as in town and very cheap compared to Thailand. Most people take a bottle of something when they go back to Nongkhai.

More information and other types of Lao visa for longer term stay.

Transport into the City

Vientiane city centre is about 25 km or 15 miles from Mittaphab (Friendship Bridge). You will be approached by drivers offering a taxi to the city for 200 baht. Tuk-tuks are 100 baht. 

Jag har aldrig åkt med bil över till Laos, utan buss från Nong Khai station till gränsövergången och taxi till vientiene.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

Guest larbejo

Priset varierar naturligtsvis,men för ca en månad sedan kostade det ca 1400 bath,antagligen dyrare idag?

Dela på andra sajter

Besökte Vientiane  i april i år. Då kostade visat 31$, men det priset gäller om man har dollar. Visast man betalar i bath blir priset högre. Hela proceduren tog lång tid så räkna med det. Jus nu är det kanske mindre resenärer så övergången blir något snabbare.

Vientiane är klart en stad att besöka, håller med Jan L.

Trevlig resa

Nongyang :wai:

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...