IGNORERAD

Fenomenet Naga fireballs i Mekong floden.

Guest Isan Lover

Guest Isan Lover

Hej

I Mekong floden finns det ett fenomen som heter Naga fireballs, som lockar 100 000 tals människor på båda sidor av floden varje år.

Man har festivaler och roar sig samtidigt som man väntar på att eldkloten ska komma upp ur vattnet.

Här är en video som skildrar fenomenet.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

• 1 månad senare...
Guest Isan Lover

Hej

Idag den 14 oktober ska det vara dags för Naga Fireballs igen, det är vid fullmåne som det inträffar.

Hittade den här texten om fenomenet på nätet.

Vore roligt att höra från någon som är på plats och ser på fenomenet.

Strange Phenomenon - The Mekong River lights

« H » Travel - Thailand ::Strange Stories from Around the World :: john mchugh :: email link

The Mekong river is a mighty one.

Born in the mountains of far off Tibet, it makes its way down through China, Mynamar (Burma), Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia before reaching the sea.

Along it's length there are legends of an inhabitant of the river, Naga the Serpent king.

The earliest stories of the Serpent King say that Naga is a god of an underwater kingdom called Muang Badan, god with almighty powers who watches over the people living in the Mekong basin. His kingdom is said to stretch right across the world, connected through a vast underground ocean that no man has ever seen.

So embedded in local folklore is the Serpent King, that his shape is reflected in the architecture, in paintings and ancient carvings on old stone walls. In the Golden Triangle, where Mynamar, Thailand and Laos meet, there stands a temple, shaped like a coiled serpent that rises up on the Laotian side of the thundering Mekon.

There is a strange phenomenon that occurs every year in this remote part of the world in Northern Thailand. In October, mysterious lights rise up into the sky, these are not simply plumes of luminescent gas, but balls of light that dance around on the wind.

Every year thousands of people witness these lights, which appear when there is full moon.

Witnesses say that the lights appear first underwater, and then float towards the surface, where they stay for a few minutes. And then they shoot suddenly upwards into the night sky, where they hover for about ten minutes and then fly apart.

Some local people call them the Nekha lights, and attribute them to a fish that swims in the Mekong. Others say that it is the wife of the Serpent King, Naga, releasing her eggs into the world.

Little is known about the Naga lights, except that they are real and occur evey full moon in October. It really is a fascinating mystery.

Some skeptics claim that they are rockets set up by skillful locals to draw tourists here, they certainly do a roaring trade in the hotels, bars and selliing gimracks and geegaws. However, the lights have been seen since time immemorial, and are very much part of the local folklore that believe them to be the eggs of Naga the Serpent Kings wife.

Attempts to establish the true nature of this amazing spectacle have never been able to establish the cause, man-made or natural. What is clear is that if it is a hoax, then it's been going on for centuries.

Some scientists say that it could be explained by the fact that at this time of the year, there is a huge amount of decomposing plant and animal matter that falls to the bottom of the river. The river isn't very deep here, and the heat from the suns rays cause the rotting matter to emit flammable natural gases. Most of these just escape, but some remain in pockets under trapped under the surface.

At full moon, these bubbles are then literally 'pulled' from the mud, and explode when they are heated by the hot night air.

But that sounds like so much swamp gas to me!

Mvh Isan lLover

Dela på andra sajter

• 6 månader senare...
Guest Isan Lover

Naga suspected of Holy Hole 

Monday, April 20, 2009

Holy hole

NONG KHAI: Villagers in Phon Phisai and neighbouring districts have been flocking to Tambon Soem to pay respect to a mysterious hole that appeared in a rice field shortly before Songkran.

Residents of Village 9 told reporters that one morning earlier this month, after a day and a night of constant rain, they heard a loud bang – like that of a bomb exploding.

When they went to investigate where the sound seemed to have come from – about 200 meters from the road – they found a hole about a foot in diameter and three to four meters deep in a field belonging to Sawat Nonsurat.

Sensing that the hole was not quite of this world, the villagers went to fetch the local spirit medium to see if he could shed any light on the issue.

After the medium had examined the hole and conducted his ceremonies, he announced that the hole had been made by a naga - a type of serpent deity from Hindu-Buddhist mythology - called Thao Jed See. The creature had come to the village to drive out evil, the medium explained.

Very happy with this explanation, the villagers immediately sealed off the hole with tape to prevent anyone falling into the realm of the naga. Then they set up a tent nearby to make offerings to the deity.

Sawai Janthasri, 71, said that this was not the first time a naga had chosen to visit their village. Five years earlier, a similar hole had appeared in the field.

That cavity belonged to a female naga called Mae Nakhi Daeng, believed to be the elder sister of Thao Jed See. She sent her younger brother to take her place in the village, Mr Sawai explained.

Thao Jed See wanted the villagers to perform a traditional dance with at least seven dancers as an act of worship, he said.

Those wanting the naga to help them with problems in their lives could bring incense and flowers to offer by the hole. The naga is even able to cure illnesses, Mr Sawai enthused.

Soon word of the miraculous hole spread to other villagers in the province and more and more people came to make offerings.

Nual Bamphenchop, 55, from Fao Rai District said that five years earlier when the naga Mae Nakhi Daeng appeared in the village, her husband brought her to pay respects to the deity.

At that time she was suffering from a growth on her right eye and was due to have it surgically removed, but was very apprehensive about the procedure. She paid respects to the naga and took water from the hole home to drink and wash her face.

After a week of drinking the muddy water, the growth disappeared, she said.

On hearing of the appearance of Mae Nakhi Daeng’s younger brother, she brought her family to get some of the sacred water, which will bring them good fortune, Mrs Nual said

Hej

En Naga verkar ha varit i farten några km ifrån vår by. :yes:

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

swedenfarang

Skulle tippa på att man har ersatt "fireballs" med fyrverkerier.hehehe.

Norrländsk 08, hör hemma i Jomtien och Buriram.

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Hej

Jag själv har inte varit där i mitten av oktober, då är det hummerfiske i Sverige som gäller.

Men frugan har varit och tittat på det, det brukar vara 100 000 tusentals människor längs Mekongfloden på båda sidor då, och stora festligheter.

Många teorier har funnits genom åren för att förklara fenomenet, (som metangas) även ifrån västländer.

Men jag tror inte en helt säker förklaring finns till eldkloten som stiger upp ur floden.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

Äkta eller inte - ser ändå ut som ett trevligt tillfälle att sitta ned o ha det gött med vänner, god mat och några Chang.

I'm a believer!

Om man inte ska äta djur, varför är dom då gjorda av kött?

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Hej Durian

Ja någon gång måste man ju kolla in fenomenet och feststligheter med så mycket besökare är nog en upplevelse i sig.

Det är tydligen en stor turist attraktion för thailländarna, och den största inkomst källan på året för hotell och resturang ägare i området.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

swedenfarang

Märkligt att om det skulle vara metangas att den ploppar upp just en gång om året. Men du ligger sanningen närmare än du tror när du, Isaan Lover, säger: "...den största inkomst källan på året för hotell och resturang ägare i området."

Så man kan nog vara ganska så säker att detta "fenomen" helt enkelt beror på ekonomiskt drivna krafter och lite smidigt utplacerade fyrverkerier.

Men inte skulle thaifolket bluffa om det detta...inte då...

Norrländsk 08, hör hemma i Jomtien och Buriram.

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Hej swedenfarang

Det ligger nära till hands att dra den slutsatsen, men som sagt även ansedda vetenskapsmän har inte kunnat ge någon hållbar förklaring.

Och vad jag vet så har det pågått så länge man kan komma ihåg.

Så mystiken runt det hela kvarstår.

Mvh Isan lover

Dela på andra sajter

• 2 månader senare...

Är det någon här som varit på plats och sett med egna ögon detta så kallade jippo...eller vad man nu ska kalla det som kan berätta lite mer.

Eller kanske någon som har en lite mer vetenskaplig förklaring till ljuskloten.

Allt som står skrivet är sant utom i de fall du råkar känna till saken.

Dela på andra sajter

Är det någon här som varit på plats och sett med egna ögon detta så kallade jippo...eller vad man nu ska kalla det som kan berätta lite mer.

Eller kanske någon som har en lite mer vetenskaplig förklaring till ljuskloten.

Nix, har icke sett detta med egna ögon. Men har vissa planer... i år är det tydligen 4 oktober som gäller!

Herr Chang har talat.

Dela på andra sajter

• 3 veckor senare...

Vi satt på uteplatsen och drack lite öl och njöt av solnedgången och Mekongfloden en kväll för en månad se'n. Då tog jag upp det här med Fire balls och fick en väldigt lång historia berättad. En del helt fantastiska och en del som kändes lite mer tvivelaktiga. Många här tror stenhårt på de här historierna. Man kan ju inte säga emot heller då motsatsen inte är bevisad så det är väl upp till var och en.

Dela på andra sajter

Guest Isan Lover

Vi satt på uteplatsen och drack lite öl och njöt av solnedgången och Mekongfloden en kväll för en månad se'n. Då tog jag upp det här med Fire balls och fick en väldigt lång historia berättad. En del helt fantastiska och en del som kändes lite mer tvivelaktiga. Många här tror stenhårt på de här historierna. Man kan ju inte säga emot heller då motsatsen inte är bevisad så det är väl upp till var och en.

Hej

Visst är det kul med ett fenomen som experterna inte kan förklara.

Men hur det ligger till med historierna runt det här kan man ju undra, men att befolkningen i området tror stenhårt på det här är säkert.

Mvh Isan Lover

Dela på andra sajter

Arkiverad

Denna tråd är arkiverad och kan inte skrivas i.

Hem
Nytt
Logga in

Logga in

• Skapa ny...